- Terms of Service
1) Client authorizes Company to perform pet care services as outlined in Client Profile, Pet Profiles, and Policy and Procedures, which shall become part of this contract.
2) If a pet becomes ill while under the care of Company, Client authorizes the representative of Company to transport pet to veterinarian in the Pet Profile (or one who is available) if this is needed in his/her best judgment. Client authorizes said representative to approve any emergency treatment recommended by the veterinarian, and Client releases Company from any and all liabilities related to transportation, treatment, and expense. Client agrees to reimburse Company for any additional fees for tending to emergency or veterinary care as well as any expenses incurred for any other unexpected home, food, or other supply needs.
3) Client agrees that payment is due on the date of the invoice. For pet sitting payment is due before services begin. For recurring dog walks payment is due on the 15th and last day of the month. Client agrees to keep a credit card or ACH/debit on file to be charged in the event client does not pay on the invoice due date. Client agrees that interest on unpaid bills accrues at 10 % per month. Client agrees to pay the reasonable attorney's fees and other costs if this account is sent to collection.
4) Client understands that if scheduled visits must be extended Company requires direct confirmation (not a phone message or email) for the unscheduled visits. This is to avoid the possibility of missed messages which could result in interrupted care of pets.
5) Client acknowledges that they are hiring the company Company and not an individual pet care giver. All pet care givers are fully vetted and deliver the same level of quality care and service. It is important to complete the pet information worksheet so that the company can share accurate information with the pet care giver. 6) Client acknowledges that drop-in visits and dog walks are booked within a 2-hour window: early morning, late morning, early afternoon, late afternoon, evening. Specific service times are only available for extended services such as overnight stays or hourly sitting.
1) Client expressly waives and relinquishes any and all claims against Company, its team of pet caregivers and associates.
2) It is expressly understood and agreed that Company shall not be held responsible for any damage to Client's property, or that of others, caused by Client's pet(s) during the period in which the pets are in the care of Company.
3) It is client's responsibility to notify Company of any pet that has ever caused an injury to any human or other pet.
4) If a pet has a history of biting or other aggressive behavior, Company reserves the right to refuse service. Bites must be reported to the local authorities as provided by law. The owner will be liable for the representative's medical care expenses and damages that result from an animal bite.
5) Client acknowledges Company is not able to participate in "shared" services. Nobody other than Company should be entering the client's home while Company is contracted to care for their pets. Should another party outside of Company enter the client's home, Company is released of any and all liability.
1) Company requires client's dog to be on a leash when outside.
2) Company is unable to provide dog park visits.
3) Company will only let client's dog off-leash in a completely fenced in backyard with a high fence.
4) Company does not permit the use of certain equipment including e-collars or retractable leashes. While your dog may be trained to walk properly with us you never know what hazards, including vicious animals or bad drivers, we may encounter on our walks.
1) Client authorizes this agreement to be valid approval for future services so as to permit Company to accept my email or Easy Busy Pet Scheduling requests and enter my premises without additional signed contracts or written authorizations.
1) All scheduling requests and changes must go through the client dashboard or mobile app. Questions may be sent directly to the management team at email@example.com
2) Clients are not permitted to contact a pet care giver directly for scheduling. Scheduling directly with a pet care giver is strictly prohibited.
3) Company does not book specific times for drop-in visits or walks and will confirm your visit within a 3-hour window: early morning, late morning, early afternoon, late afternoon.
1) All communication must go through the general email address at firstname.lastname@example.org. Clients and sitters are not permitted to communicate directly without the knowledge of Company's management team.
1) Company requires two key copies and a lock box. During the consultation the Company will provide a lock box for one set of keys to be placed at Client's property and a duplicate copy will be kept at the office as a backup. For keys that cannot be duplicated the lock box is still required. If Client's building prohibits a lock box Company will work with Client directly for a solution. Client may provide their own lock box. Company cannot be responsible for keys hidden under a mat or rock.
RIGHT TO USE OF IMAGES/VIDEO:
1) Company may use your pet's image or video on the company's social media pages or website. Images and videos will be unidentifiable and masked with a different neighborhood location and different pet name.
1) Overnight care must be canceled 48 hours in advance to receive a credit or refund. Cancellations within 48 hours will be billed at the regular rate.
2) Clients who leave late or return early from a trip will not receive a refund for canceled services. A credit may be given for cancellations more than 48 hours in advance.
3) For dog walking clients services must be canceled by 1 am on the day of service to avoid a 50% cancellation fee.
4) The cancellation policy will be enforced to cover administrative time and expense. Please understand that the Company's team made time for your visits and may have turned other people down to allow time for your pets.
CHARGES & FEES:
1) HOLIDAY FEES: We charge a holiday fee of $15 per visit on the following holidays: New Years Eve, New Year's Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve (all day), Christmas Day. Our pet caregivers will be taking time away from their loved ones on these special days to care for your loved one.
2) LOCKOUT SERVICE CHARGE: Lock out service starts at $250
3) PET FOOD/SUPPLIES PROCUREMENT FEE: In case there is not enough food left for your pet, we will notify you and and then head to the pet store to purchase more. You will be provided with the receipt and invoiced for the cost of food plus a $25 transportation fee.
4) KEY RETURN FEE: In case you discontinue our services, we will return your keys by mail upon request. The fee will be $5. If you need them to be dropped off, we can arrange that as well for a $25 fee. We are unable to return keys inside client's home at the end of the visit unless the client has confirmed that they have arrived back in town.
5) CONSULTATION: There is a one-time consultation fee of $25. If you request additional consultations a $25 fee will be incurred for each visit.
6) BILLING: All clients must keep a payment method on file. For pet sitting payment is due before the visits start. For dog walks payment is due on the 15th and 31st of the month. Payments may be made in the app. Payments not made by the due date will be automatically charged to the payment method on file.
SEVERE WEATHER SERVICE CHANGES:
1) If the Federal Government or WMATA is closed then we will likely be closed. If service is still needed it these cases, please contact us. Company will reach out to all scheduled pet parents to learn discuss if arrangements are still needed or not. Company has found that if the weather is bad most county residents will telework or have the day off and get to stay home and a walk is no longer needed.
2) If a severe snowstorm is upon us and you have a pet sitting scheduled Company may need to arrive early to ensure that we can get to your pets to provide service. In the event of severe weather walks may be canceled or shortened.
3) Client agrees to make arrangements to shovel their driveway and/or sidewalk as Company is unable to assist.
4) Company typically requests the name and phone number of a trusted neighbor who may provide care if Company is unable to reach client's home due to extreme weather conditions and road closures. Company understands the importance of your pet(s) to you, and we will provide the best in care while your pet(s) are in our care.
These Terms of Service are provided for your review. Clients must sign and date before service can begin.